Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Magical Disappearing Act of Money!


I was browsing on Pinterest.com and came across this series on The Peaceful Mom's blog 'Living on Less than $28,000 A Year'. I read every post in the series and was inspired.  

I decided to do a little research of my own.  

I live in Florida with my husband, and no kids. Based on the U.S. Department of Commerce State Median Income Florida, as of 2010, was at a median income level of $45k a year for a  household of two. Before taxes, with my husband's new job, we make more than that median average. (I'm getting to the point I promise!) I read The Peaceful Mom's blog and was shocked to see that she was living off over 10k less a year for a family of six and could not for the life of me figure out how.

I obviously am doing something wrong. Am I spending too much? Am I eating out too much? Is my debt too high? What am I doing wrong? Where is my money going?!

Well, I plan things...so off to Excel where I can figure this out. I'll come back with an update on where all my money is going! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I think she may have been lying. Or just living miserably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read it I don't actually think either is the case. I mean, sure she isn't going out every night and buying the newest and greatest technology, but I don't think she's miserable.

      Delete