Thursday, September 6, 2012

Let the Games Begin

They say that money is the root to all evil, but I don't think that's true. Money isn't the root to all evil, people having money and having access to buy things is the root to all evil. That sounds backwards, but think of it this way. There are people who have money, that aren't evil. That manage their finances, who donate to the poor and needy, who are able to happily live without letting money get in the way. Then there are people who have money or do things to get money that are evil. See, it's not the money that's evil it's the people and what they do with the money.

I don't think I'm evil, but I think I'm very irresponsible when it comes to money. I think I have a poor track record for will power and focusing on what's important. I think that I've let money get in the way of true happiness, and let it take over my life. I think it's time to change that, but I thought that in the past. What makes this time any different, I wonder. I don't know. Nothing? Everything? Something in between?

There's a point some where in this rant. The point is, I'm going to try to get on track of things. Try to change my life around for the better, get out of debt, save up an emergency fund, focus on life and what it has to offer me instead of debt and if I'm going to be able to pay my bills next month. I want to be able to say I'm out of debt, unlike 80% of Americans. I'm going to use this blog as a tracking method for all my neurotic ways, how I get out of debt, how I do things the way I do. It'll help my OCD with keeping everything in one place. I may also just post random arts and crafts things because it's what I do. It'll just be a blog for anything I want it to be a blog for.

Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment